How To Make Churchill's Breakfast
Winston Churchill was said to have whiskey and a cigar with breakfast, and this cocktail is a delicious homage to his legacy. The flamed cinnamon stick compliments the rich spiciness of the rye, the sweetness of the maple, and bitterness of the coffee. Original recipe by Chef Steps.
- 1.5oz (45ml) of rye whiskey
- 1/2oz (15ml) of cold brew coffee
- 1/4oz (7ml) of maple syrup
- 1 dash of Angostura bitters
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Torch the cinnamon stick and place the chilled inverted coupe glass over the smoke.
- Combine the ingredients into your shaker and shake for 15 seconds
- Grate a hint of fresh cinnamon into the empty glass
- Double strain the cocktail into the glass and enjoy